Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

As I am not a big fan of the Harry Potter films (I only view them because I am such a huge fan of the books...there is also my love for movies in general) I have to give this movie 2 out of 4 stars because it is not very exciting and strays dramatically away from the important parts of this particular story.

Side Note: I saw this movie in theaters twice. Yes twice. The first time was at the midnight release...of course! Therefore, the first time I watched it I was in and out of sleep, I also could not wait for it to end. The second time was during an awkward date situation with a friend who I had never been to a movie with before. But it was A LOT better the second time around.

The Half blood Prince had more humor and better acting than the first five films. However, the cheesy tween romance scenes were a little too cheesy for my liking. Don't get me wrong, some of it was hilarious, but some of it was just stupid. I don't know why Harry and Ginny didn't end up as a couple like they should have, or why Hermione and Ron didn't have more interaction with eachother.

I would have liked to see more quidditch in this film. The celebration of the world cup is where a lot of this stuff takes place, but NO...they just left that part out.

I also don't know why they added a part to the movie that never even happened in the book (Harry getting attacked by death eaters during the Christmas holiday and the burrow going up in flames) when they could have used that time to include more things that were actually in the book and important!

If they are going to make these long drawn out films (I do like that they are long) then at least make them accurate and take the time to include parts that everyone wants to see. HINT HINT...THE FUNERAL!!

The best part of the movie, just because it was so funny, is when Harry takes the Felix Felicis potion. I didn't know Dan Radcliffe could make me laugh so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment